Viewing Posts tagged: 2012
- Outlawing the dollar.
- Striking the words ‘sea level rise.’
- Banning ‘Sharia Law.’
- Defining life as beginning before conception.
- Zeroing out foreign aid.
- Creationism in schools.
- Promoting discrimination on military bases.
- Allowing citizens to shoot at cops.
- "I think same sex couples should be able to get married." — Barack Obama
- "If we had 51% women in Congress, do you think we’d be debating access to contraception?" — Sen. Kristen Gillibrand (D-NY)
- "Maybe 23 cents doesn’t sound like a lot to someone with a Swiss bank account." — Lilly Ledbetter on equal pay for equal work
- "Their number one priority was not to put America back to work, but to put the President out of work." — Bill Clinton
- "My job is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives." — Mitt Romney on the 47%.
- "If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon" — Barack Obama
- "I want to say a little something that’s long overdue/ The disrespect to women has got to be through" — MCA, The Beastie Boys, rip May 4, 2012
- “With all due respect, that’s a bunch of malarkey” — VP Joe Biden
- "Is this the math you do as a Republican to make yourself feel better? — Fox News’ Megyn Kelly on Karl Rove’s election night meltdown
- "You hit a reset button for the fall campaign; everything changes. It’s almost like an Etch A Sketch. You can kind of shake it up and we start all over again." — Romney senior adviser.
- Last time North Carolina amended their constitution on marriage it was to ban interracial marriage.
- Women perform 66% of the world’s work, produce 50% of the food, earn 10% of the income and own 1% of the property.
- It’s easier for Americans to access guns than mental health services.
- In Germany, police fired 85 bullets in all of 2011. In the US, police fired 90 shots at 1 unarmed man in Los Angeles.
- TLC’s “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo” got higher ratings the same night as the GOP convention on every cable and broadcast network.
- These five people saved health care for 32 million Americans
- Weeks of PAID maternity leave: Chile (18), Germany (14), Ireland (22), Norway (44), Japan (14), Kenya (8), U.S. (ZERO).
- Hostess pays $1.75 million in executive bonuses after blaming unions for bankruptcy.
- Obamacare is a major tax cut for middle class families.
- A family of 3 would have to remain on welfare for 328 years to receive as much government assistance as Mitt Romney.
- Voting lines are so long in Ohio because the Republican Secretary of State drastically reduced hours.
- Texas GOP says schools shouldn’t teach "critical thinking skills" because they challenge “student’s fixed beliefs.”
Here are the 12 most memorable images of 2012.
His standards have dropped just a little since.
- Romney got two degrees from Harvard, but says Obama “spent too much time” there.
- Romney wants to gut Medicare, but calls Obama responsible for massive Medicare cuts.
- Romney’s big houses are a sign of success; John Kerry’s big house shows he’s rich and out of touch.
We just launched our 2012 election vertical! This is where you’ll find analysis of where the candidates stand on policy, and why that matters. You can also follow our elections-focused twitter account @TPElections.