Viewing Posts tagged: abortion
BREAKING: North Dakota legislature passes nation's most restrictive abortion law, bans all abortions after 6 weeks
SUCCESS: Michigan House speaker shuts down bill that would force transvaginal probes for women seeking abortion
Because it’s “tampering with evidence.”
The facts about abortion rights on the 40th Anniversary of Roe v. Wade:
- More Americans than ever oppose overturning Roe v. Wade.
- Most religious groups don’t want it overturned either.
- But Republicans are successfully chipping away at abortion rights.
- Following two of the worst years for reproductive freedom since the 1973 Supreme Court decision.
- While House GOP trip over themselves to introduce competing bills defunding Planned Parenthood.
- Most Americans under age 29 don’t know Roe v. Wade is about abortion.
Again, the ideal world is a world without abortion. Until then, however, we will continue to pass laws to ensure abortions are as rare as possible under existing law.
Rick Perry wants to outlaw access to abortion.
Thousands of reproductive rights advocates protest Ireland’s abortion ban, after Savita Halappanavar died when a hospital refused to terminate her pregnancy.
images via Broadsheet
Five Questions Martha Raddatz Could Have Asked About Abortion In Last Night’s Vice Presidential Debate
In one of the more reliably conservative districts in the country, 68 percent prefer a pro-choice candidate, while just 23 percent prefer a pro-lifer, which just happens to be GOP House Majority Leader Eric Cantor’s district.