- Nearly one in seven homeless adults are veterans.
- More than 4 in 10 homeless veterans are unsheltered.
- 1.5 million veterans are at risk of homelessness
- Almost half of homeless veterans were African American in 2008.
- 30.2 percent of veterans ages 18 to 24 were unemployed in 2011.
- More than 33,000 veterans were housed since 2009 by the Department of Housing and Urban Development and the Department of Veterans Affairs in permanent, supportive housing with case managers and access to VA health care
- 1.2 million veterans used mental health services in 2010.
Mitt Romney has threatened to eliminate housing assistance, which would be devastating for millions of veterans and families struggling to get back on their feet.
Find out more at our sister site Half in Ten