Viewing Posts tagged: news
Obamacare hits its target.
Moments after Jan Brewer vetoes discriminatory bill, Ohio legislators withdraw anti-gay bill modeled on Arizona
“We feel that it is in the best interest of Ohioans that there be no further consideration of this legislation.”
Nine incredibly important things that happened this year that most people aren’t talking about.
- Human rights abuses in North Korean prisons reached a level not seen since Nazi atrocities.
- The Tea Party became a major advocate for solar energy.
- The Supreme Court green-lighted the execution of people with severe mental disabilities.
- Vaccine conspiracy theories created local epidemics of deadly, previously eradicated diseases.
- American cities criminalized homelessness.
Mike Huckabee is starting a news site called Huckabee Post (yes, that’s really the name).
This was a busy year for progressives, who celebrated victories and regrouped after defeats. It was also a trying year for the country as a whole, as we bid farewell to familiar faces and comforted one another amidst tragedy. Around the globe, this year saw everything from a royal birth and to a stately death.
A look back at the iconic images of 2013.
The year in guns: What’s happened, and what hasn’t, since Newtown.
How the world is celebrating the life of Nelson Mandela.
A man in body armor shot nine people, killing three of them, police say.
That one Wendy Davis protested for 11 hours and Rick Perry passed anyway.