The new GOP election strategy: If you can’t win them, rig ‘em.
Viewing Posts tagged: politics
Why Senate Democrats just ended minority rule, in one chart.
47%, the one number that doesn’t go out of style.
Each time Republicans ratchet up their efforts to delay or defund the ACA instead of focusing on what should be their No. 1 priority — strengthening our economic recovery and creating jobs — they suffer.
Pollster warns GOP: Oppose Obamacare at your own risk.
“Together, the Republicans who believe that Obama’s banishing God and those who believe he’s banished liberty make up the most dangerous of armies. And Ted Cruz is the general leading them to their final stand.”
Our coverage so far (today), in one exhaustive list:
1. The GOP’s three year campaign to shut down the government.
2. The economic cost of shutting down the government.
4. The government may have shut down, but Obamacare’s marketplaces are still launching today.
5. Federal workers may not get paid even after the shutdown ends.
6. GOP wants the budget conference i rejected for last six months to undo shutdown.
7. The shutdown will cost $300 million today. Then it will get worse.
8. Shutdown will deny even more preschoolers access to Head Start.
9. Immigrants can still be deported, arrested during government shutdown.
10. Non-essential: Iraqi and Afghan interpreters abandoned amid government shutdown.
11. What the shutdown means for energy and environmental programs.
12. Here is why the GOP’s proposal to conference with the Senate is a sham.
13. FLASHBACK: In 2010, House Republicans demanded “clean” funding bill.
Six headlines about the government shutdown that are about to destroy your faith in journalism.
Big victory for workers in Indiana!