Viewing Posts tagged: voting
Employer pressure, fake voter purge letters, intimidating billboards, and more.
Arizona County tells Spanish-speaking voters to vote on the wrong date.
Pennsylvania ads falsely suggest an ID is required to vote. These should have been removed WEEKS ago.
- Approximately 68 percent of voting age Americans are registered to vote.
- That compares to 100 percent of Argentinians, 97 percent of Brits, 93 percent of Canadians and 77 percent of South Africans.
- Republican officials like Florida Gov. Rick Scott and Colorado Secretary of State Scott Gessler both attempted voter purges this year seeking to kick even more people off the voter rolls.
- “A person is more likely to be struck by lightning than to commit in-person voter fraud.”
- One study of Wisconsin voters determined that just .00023 percent of votes are the product of in-person fraud.
Colorado’s GOP Secretary of State, for example, downgraded his estimate from over 10,000 to maybe 35.
BREAKING: Today's Pennsylvania Supreme Court decision on voter ID makes it more likely the law will be struck down before the election
Ian Milhiser explains the decision at the link.